Education Uncontained Application Due - May 25, 2018
Education Uncontained APPLICATION STEPS
- Read the Full Program Description and Application.
- Identify the social injustice that you wish you research, innovate for, and/or bring awareness to. This injustice MUST be one that disproportionality impacts a historically marginalized population.
- Create an application video. Each video must be at least 3 minutes long and must include the following items. Get Creative...D.R.E.A.M. BIG.
- Post the video to YouTube. Upload it to your social media page and tag @eduncontained. You will also submit the video file and the YouTube link to eXi. After that...we'll announce the semi-finalists who will move on to schedule a school interview. School interviews will be held May 29 - June 5th. The new cohort will be announced on June 8th.
While each of our program requirements are different, each program under the equityXinnovation umbrella have core site requirements of both administrators, students, and teachers. Prior to submitting an application for one of our programs, reflect on your learning community to see if this is the perfect time for you to partner with us to DREAM.
The following requirements are necessary for each of the programs to run effectively and efficiently.
- Each of our programs is classroom or group-based, therefore, the school must already have a plan for how students will get together in order to complete the program requirements.
- For YOUTH LEADING CHANGE and EDUCATION|UNCONTAINED, classrooms work best with core academic subject educators as on of the adult allies on the team. Each program has room for other teachers to join in - but a classroom-based teachers as one of the leads works best.
- Partnership with educators in other roles is possible and encouraged. It really does take a village.
- Administrators must be on board and understand program requirements. In all of our programs, we are encouraging youth leadership. In addition, teachers must be willing to be allies, championing youth-led spaces.
- Administrators, teachers, and all student group members must be willing to examine the role of social justice and equity in our schools. That is a core component of ALL of our programming.
- HAVE FUN!!!
After the submission of your video application, each semi- finalist will be contacted for an interview with eXi staff. The interview will be a chance for us to meet the program team (teachers, students, and administrators) and to review the core requirements of each program. In addition, each team must submit a project description. Each interview will take about 60 - 90 minutes and must include a school tour. Interviews will occur approximately 5 - 7 days after the initial application is due.
For all of the eXi programs, grant funds are retained at Duquesne University. With each successful grant award, partner programs will receive a partner agreement that will outline the guidelines for spending, the item request process, and the terms of the partnership. Due to the size of the awards, schools who are selected for EDUCATION | UNCONTAINED must connect our staff to the district's business office so that we can review the purchasing requirements. NOTE: Depending upon the project, some items will be considered reimbursement-only instead of being purchased directly by Duquesne University.